Looking for something special.....

Hands Down the BEST Meatloaf Ever

The title says it all. This is not your mother's meatloaf (sorry Mom). And dare I say that it's pretty good for you as a whole. You get in trouble when you start adding sides of mashed potatoes. So go for a side salad.

1 Cup Gluten Free Bread Crumbs
2 Tablespoons Fat Free Milk (Hood Simply Smart)
1/2 cup Ketchup, divided
2 Pounds Meatball Mix (Ground Pork, Veal and Beef, lean)
1 Large Onion, diced
3 Gloves Garlic, minced
1/2 Fresh Flat Leaf Parsley, chopped
1 Tablespoon Dijon Mustard
1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
1/2 Teaspoon Fresh Cracked Pepper
2 Large Egg Whites
Cooking Spray

Preheat oven to 350°.

Combine breadcrumbs and milk in a large bowl; let stand for 5 minutes.

In large saute pan over medium high heat saute the onions and garlic until translucent and starting to brown. 5-10 minutes, adjust the heat so that they don't burn.

To the bread crumb mixture add 2 tablespoons ketchup to the and remaining ingredients except cooking spray.
Shape meat mixture into a 9 x 5-inch loaf on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Spread remaining 6 tablespoons ketchup over top of meat loaf. Bake at 350° for 1 hour OR until a thermometer registers 160°. Let stand for 10 minutes.

1 comment:

RIBased said...

I absolutely LOVE this meatloaf! I just had a little dream about it, it's that good. In the dream, the meatloaf was chasing me. I was scared. But then I remembered, "Hey! It's meatloaf!" so I drowned it in ketchup and devoured it. Now I'm in the MEATLOAF'S nightmares!!